2019-2020 Confirmation Academy Activities
Thirty Confirmation Activities (Christian Identity – 25 activities, This Congregation – 3 activities, Personal Faith Walk – 2 activities) to be completed for confirmation.
Christian Identity Activities (Complete 25 - 12 are sermon notes)
- Complete a sermon note form (AT LEAST 12) – forms are on Ronda’s office door. It can be a sermon at either NCC worship or at another house of worship.
- Attend an adult study class (one evening of a 3-week study, Sunday Potluck Study, Lenten Wednesday)- share experience orally or in a written paragraph with Ronda or Duayne.
- Assist in Sunday school
- Participate in 9:30, 10:30, or Messy Church worship at NCC (ideas: lay reader, shadow a deacon, music, children’s time, assisting running Media Shout at 9:30 worship, assisting in a children’s worship in December or May, assisting in an activity station or cooking at Messy Church, etc.)
- Serve with your family as greeter at a worship service
- Attend worship at another church- share experience orally or in a written paragraph with Ronda or Duayne.
- Attend worship in a different faith- share experience orally or in a written paragraph with Ronda or Duayne.
This Congregation Activities (Complete 2) -Share experiences orally or in a written paragraph with Ronda or Duayne.
- Compare NCC’s website to two other church website
- Investigate the national UCC website.
- Attend one NCC church board meeting
- Interview a church moderators or church board member
- Interview a long term members of the church
- Interview a families who will be having or recently had a family member baptized
Personal Faith Walk Activities (Complete 3) - Share experiences orally or in a written paragraph with Ronda or Duayne.
- Participate in an NCC service event/project
- Compare 2 different translations of the Bible by looking up 5 scripture passages.
- Look up different meal prayers that you could use with your family and try them for at least a week.
- Interview someone in your family or extended family about why their faith is important to them and how they work on keeping that faith strong.
- Invite a friend to worship or event at NCC and ask them about their experience.